No waiting time for a surrogate!!!!
What are the advantages of undertaking surrogacy in Georgia with Lotus?
1. NO waiting time for matching you up with the right surrogate !!!!!! as Lotus are
matching you up with a surrogate from Ukraine that lives in Georgia.
2. Affordable costs
3. Quality IVF labs can clinics with high success rates
Who can engage in surrogacy in Georgia?
Heterosexual married couples (that are married over a year) or have a proof of living together (for
over a year), based on medical indications including:
1. Absence of a uterus
2. Deformation of the cavity or neck of the uterus due to congenital developmental defects or
surgical treatments, and benign tumors that would result in an unsuccessful pregnancy;
3. Structural-morphological or anatomic changes of endometrium, which has lead to loss of
4. Serious somatic diseases - where carrying of a pregnancy threatens the health or life of the
recipient, but does not influence the health of the future child;
5. Repeated, unsuccessful IVF attempts (four or more) with repeated obtainment of high-
quality embryos, the transfer of which did not lead to a pregnancy.
As intended parents, are we obligated to travel abroad to begin the process or can it begin in our absence?
If you send frozen embryos, with a notarized power of attorney, authenticated by an Apostille,
allowing one of Lotus team to sign the surrogate contract on your behalf, you do not need to
come to Georgia, before the birth takes place.
Can we be in contact with our surrogate during the pregnancy?
This depends on the relationship between the Intended Parents and their surrogate and all of
their expectations regarding contact. Some Intended Parents prefer less contact with their
surrogate and some prefer to be more involved. It is important that these expectations are
discussed with Lotus prior to matching with a surrogate to ensure a successful arrangement.
Do the surrogates in Georgia speak English?
Most surrogates do not speak English; some speak Basic English. Lotus Surrogacy will assist
with conference calls and translation services with your surrogate.
Where does the surrogate live during the pregnancy?
Lotus surrogates are from Ukraine so all surrogates will live in a surrogate apartment parents will
rent for her, from the beginning of the program, near the clinic.
Who makes sure that the surrogate takes good care of your baby during pregnancy?
Lotus Surrogacy staff will supervise your surrogate during the pregnancy and ensure that she and
follows the orders of her attending physician.
Who makes sure that the surrogate attends her follow-up appointments?
Lotus Surrogacy will send a report to Intended Parents each time your surrogate visits the clinic
for a medical appointment. We will also maintain daily contact with her.
Who can become a surrogate?
1. A healthy woman, ages 18-35
2. Who has had a healthy child or children of her own;
3. Has an absence of medical contraindications;
4. Possesses moral and psychological stability, responsibility and a great desire to assist a
5. Has an absence of any criminal background;
6. Has written consent to carry from her husband if she is married;
7. Has agreed to carry as a gestational surrogate only and not be genetically related to the
Who takes care of the baby’s arrival back to our home country after delivery?
Lotus lawyers specializing in family and immigration law will take care of obtaining the
documentation required to bring the child back home with his/her parents. Documentation
includes the Birth Certificate with parent’s name with an official stamp (Apostille) required by most
How do we ensure that the surrogate hands over the baby after birth?
The surrogate has no parental rights over your child at any stage throughout the process! In
Georgia, the law is unequivocal, stating that the prenatal and postnatal rights for the baby are
held by the Intended Parents.
Monetary compensation is the main reason that surrogates choose to carry children for others.
Your surrogate receives final payment only after the baby is registered at your embassy and a
travel document is issued in your baby’s name.
How long does it take from the birth until the baby can travel home with us?
It usually takes 2-9 weeks, depending on the parents’ nationality and Embassy requirements/time
frames for the issue of passports.
What is the payment schedule for our surrogate?
The surrogate receives compensation for carrying your child after birth and signing
documentation to register the child with the Embassy. During the pregnancy, Intended Parents
pay their surrogate a monthly allowance. In addition, agency and clinic/IVF fees are payable.
Contact us for more information about these costs.
How fast can we get updates regarding events that take place abroad?
Lotus will endeavour to update Intended Parents as soon as information comes to hand. There
may be slight delays if information needs to be translated.
How often will we receive updates regarding our program and surrogate?
It depends on the gestation of your surrogate and appointment/scan times. Lotus Surrogacy
maintains daily contact with the clinic and we will update you with any developments as soon as
Will our surrogate agree to any medical procedures that may be necessary to deliver a healthy baby?
Yes. This forms part of the surrogates’ consent in her contract.
How many contracts are there in the procedure itself?
The surrogacy process is both legal and medical. It is important to remember that it involves
parental rights, that must be defined in contracts.
The intended parents must insist on the following contracts as part of the process:
A contract between the Intended Parents, surrogate and egg donor
A contract between the fertility center and the Intended Parents
A contract between the agency providing the surrogates to the Intended Parents.
Do we get copies of the contracts before signing them?
Of course. Before signing a service agreement with Lotus, the intended parents will receive
copies of all contracts outlined above.
What is the Exit Process out of Georgia after the birth?
The Intended Parents will need to apply to their nearest embassy to obtain citizenship and
subsequently a passport for their child. Lotus Surrogacy will assist with all requirements needed
to undertake this process.
At the airport, officials will check that the newborn has:
1. Valid passport;
2. No prohibitions on leaving the country;
3. No violation of terms of stay in Georgia.
If the baby meets these requirements, he/she can leave Georgia. No exit visa is needed.
What services does Lotus provide?
1. Finding a surrogate
2. Finding an egg donor
3. Organizing the surrogate program in Georgia
4. Organization of the birth of your child
5. Translation of information and documentation to English
6. Supervision of your surrogate
7. Legal services
8. Photographs of donors (IVF clinics will not show you these)
9. Coordination of logistics with our clinic, including appointments for and contact with your
10. Assistance with paperwork after birth for the Birth Certificate and exit process
11. Assistance to find accommodation